Welcome to the website of the Professional Editors’ Guild (PEG)
Find out about our membership and what our members think
Copy-editing and Proofreading Courses
PEG is a registered non-profit company representing the interests of copy-editors and proofreaders throughout South and Southern Africa. We have extended our reach internationally, and in our 30th year of existence (in 2023) we proudly consider ourselves part of the global community of copy-editors and other language practitioners.
Please feel free to browse our website, which offers the following:
For visitors and members, see these pages
- About PEG: a little more about who we are, our objectives and our code of conduct
- Become a member: member benefits, member categories, membership fees and the application process to join PEG
- Find an editor: in our member directory, find an editor who suits your needs
- Submit a job: submit a request for editorial services that our members can respond to
- Accreditation: PEG boasts an accreditation process which is committed to continuing professional development (CPD) for all its members. This includes an annual test for members who wished to be accredited
- Mentoring: PEG’s semi-structured mentee-driven scheme supports the professional development of members
- Webinars: PEG hosts regular webinars on a range of topics related to copy-editing
- Events: PEG’s planned events and meetings
- PEGblog: regular posts range from light-hearted to more serious aspects of our craft and profession
- Contact page: for a list of PEG Exco members and administrators, and a form where you can ask them for help.