20+ years' experience translating and editing fiction, non-fiction, commercial and personal materials.
Languages: English, Afrikaans, German, Dutch
- BA: Bachelor of Arts (English, German, Linguistics, Classical Civilisations and History of Art) WITS
- H.Cert. Project Management (Distinction) Damelin
- Cert HTML / SEO / Web Design (New Zealand)
- ICDL (Distinction) Computer Society of SA
Worked as a digital marketing manager, and marketing and communications manager in the financial / wealth management sector after completing my BA Degree .
I hold the following current Memberships:
Associate of the UK Society of Authors (Translators): SoA ID Number: 67073
Member of The Professional Editors' Guild (South Africa): Guild ID Number: VAN077
Member of SeNSE (Netherlands Editors Guild)
Pro-Z Translators pro-membership
Translators' Cafe pro-membership
Years of experience
Letters and Memos
Finance, Wealth Management, Insurance
History, Art and Architecture
About the editor
I specialise in editing, translating and writing services, and I offer prompt, reliable and cost effective services worldwide.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Languages) degree, two Project Management diplomas and a certificate in html/css and web design, as well as ICDL and TEFL diplomas, amongst others.
I have been editing and proofreading university theses, books, self-published author manuscripts and newsletter & blog publications since 2002.
Fluent in English, Afrikaans and German, with a strong proficiency in Dutch, I offer multiple professional language-based services, particularly book and document translations.
My Professional Memberships include The Society of Authors - Translators Association (UK) which is a member of CEATL (European Council of Literary Translators Association), The Editor's Guild (SA), and SeNSE. I also hold pro-memberships at ProZ.com, TranslatorsCafe.com, Linguistcafe.com and Traduguide.com.
The services I offer include:
- professional translation of manuscripts including literature, fiction and non-fiction, technical, website and travel documentation
- professional voice talent for fiction and non-fiction narration, advertisements, meditation and sleep apps, e-Learning
- copywriting including blogs, ghostwriting and business related articles
- writing book reviews, cover blurbs and author bios
- editing and proofreading manuscripts, training manuals and post-editing MT projects
- creation of new website copy, specialising in reputation management
- optimising existing client communications including online and hard copy newsletters